Pasta has always been a favourite for dinner. Notwithstanding the thought of eating the same kind of meal daily, I tend to toggle between cuisines and staples often. And doing so, over the years I have experimented a lot and on most occasions had success. This is one such dish dripping of success and glory!
Prepared using all easily available ingredients, this pasta dish will surely make you a winner in the kitchen, as your loved ones will be head-over-heels in love with your cooking skills.
I have used all vegetables and mushrooms for this recipe since I’m unable to buy chicken presently. You can follow the recipe and alter some of the ingredients as per your convenience.
Pasta (macaroni) – 1 cup
Capsicum (sliced) – 1 small
Mushrooms (sliced) – 1 cup
Tomatoes – 2 medium
Onion – 1 medium
Garlic – 2 cloves
vegetable oil/ olive oil
salt & pepper
- Prepare the tomato sauce and set aside. (Add oil to a pan, toss in the garlic, onions, tomatoes, sugar, salt and crushed black pepper. Mash the tomatoes to create a smoother and flowy consistency.)
- Boil the pasta with 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil for 5 mins and keep aside
- In a separate pan saute the sliced mushrooms adding a pinch of salt to it.
- Grease a baking tray, add some pasta, sprinkle some pepper.
- Over that add the capsicums, and cover with the tomato sauce, and some grated cheese.
- Add another layer of pasta, sprinkle 2tsp mixed herbs
- Over that add the mushrooms, and layer it with the remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle over 2 tsp of the pasta starch water. Then top it off with some more grated cheese.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven for 15 mins, at 180 degrees Celcius. Serve hot 😍
Things to note
- I had macaroni at home and therefore make the dish with it, you can make it with any kind of pasta that is convenient for you.
- Before adding the capsicum to the baking tray toss it with a little salt and pepper.
- I used processed cheese that was sitting in my fridge, it will taste a lot better if you can use mozzarella cheese, it has a better flavour.
- I added a bit of the starchy water from boiling the pasta to add some moisture to the dish, it is completely optional. You may choose to use an aluminium foil to cover the tray and allow it to bake the dish evenly and not dry out the top.
- You can choose other vegetables like broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, zucchini, corn etc. And instead of mushrooms, you can use shredded chicken.